The Currencies API enables you to retrieve the latest and historical FX rates published by Landsbankinn and other external sources, such as the Central Bank of Iceland (CBI) and Visa.
Using the API
The currency product allows the user to get forex information and history, and buy and sell rates as applicable.
The user can ask for different rate types.
The following rates are available:
- General: Buy and sell prices registered in the Landsbankinn's transaction systems. Updated during work hours on banking days in accordance with exchange rate fluctuations on the market.
- Notes: Buy and sell prices of notes in the Bank's outlets. Updated during work hours on banking days in accordance with exchange rate fluctuations on the market.
- Customs: Official exchange rate listed by the CBI on banking days.
- Visa: Exchange rate used to convert foreign currency VISA transactions into Icelandic króna (ISK).
- Central Bank: Buy and sell prices issued by the CBI.
- Landsbankinn's FX rates are published with reservations regarding possible errors and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Landsbankinn assumes no responsibility for externally sourced exchange rates.
The following approval process applies when an app is created using this product:
- Sandbox: Auto approved
- Production: Auto approved